Now Hiring- Registered Dietitian
The Best Start Health Coalition in Peel aims to reduce the incidence of low birth weight babies by offering free comprehensive services that promote the healthiest pregnancies possible, including health education, nutrition and social support to child bearing women and their families.
We are looking for a Dietitian to help us reach our maximum potential.
This is a contract position working between 3 per week 2 visits per month. A six three month probationary period will apply. This position requires a flexible schedule. Program times: Saturday morning 9am-12 noon.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Facilitate cooking demonstrations and group sessions on nutrition topics related to the learning needs of the Best Start clients (e.g., budgeting, prenatal nutrition, infant nutrition, and food preparation techniques and safety)
· Other duties as assigned
· Undergraduate degree
· Excellent organization and management skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of health promotion strategies such as community development, health education and advocacy
· Registered Dietician with current membership in College of Dietitians of Ontario.
· Excellent interpersonal, leadership and facilitation skills to interact effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
· Skills in nutrition assessment, nutrition education, individual counseling, and group facilitation regarding food and nutrition issues
· Knowledge and expertise in the areas of pre and postnatal nutrition including the nutritional requirements of pregnancy, lactation and infant nutrition, with particular attention to the needs of the low income population and awareness of food practices and eating behaviours of people of other cultures
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letterr November 2, 2012
Barbara Wallace -Executive Director
Best Start Health Coalition in Peel
4 Automatic Rd. Ste. 102- Brampton ON L6S 6K9
Fax: (905) 452-0948
- Free Programs & Services
- Our Success Stories
- Help Us
- Community Partners
- Resources & Links
- About Best Start
- Contact Us